Friday, February 19, 2010

Have you ever left anything valuable in a motel or hotel room?

Did you get it back. My husband paid a ridiculous price(overnight delivery)to get his beat up hat back. lol Other ';valuable'; items we have never gotten back.Have you ever left anything valuable in a motel or hotel room?
I left my virginity in three motelsHave you ever left anything valuable in a motel or hotel room?
Yes, my husband...he was


wasted so I just left him there.
No but when I travel I am one that checks and rechecks worried that I will . LOL , We did go to my hometown one year and my husband was in such a rush that he never did bring clothes for himself ! all week my freinds hubby and my brothers were lending him stuff !
My innocence.
my youngun left his security kermit at a motel -- the %26amp;%$@' s made no attempt to return it. life goes on.
lol that's funny.





I left my glasses.... :( never got them back! Oh wait, I can't remember. Maybe I did get em' back.





Umm...I left a Native carving on purpose, hid it under the bed! I didn't want it, my aunt made it and it looked scary lol.
I have not , I check and check and check, drives the hubby nuts but it works . I used to work at a motel and you would be surprised the things that get left behind.
i always check the hotel rm before leaving
I never have left anything, but once my adult sister left an outfit hanging on the back of a door. Too bad for her.
sorry to hear about all y'alls losses. Some hotels/motels have housekeepers that have been in jail for theft, drugs or other minor things. If you lucky, you will get a nice person that will put the left behind items in a bag with the room number and date and take it to the office. The office normally keeps it for 6 months up to a year. After that, all goes to goodwill.


One lady drove about 1 hour back to the hotel to pick up some large oranges she left behind. Lucky for her they didn't wind up in the trash? Housekeepers normally throw away left over food items. But those oranges were ready to be consumed by some housekeeper..lol. Really now...driving back to the hotel for oranges! come on!
Once a pair of eyeglasses we drove back hundred miles to get and another time a favorite bathing suit at a hotel in town that I did not get back.
Yes a camera and never did get it back.


My fault for saving money staying at a ';Dew Drop Inn'; right out of psycho.
My wallet.
A good portion of my life ... that's about it.
last year when my husband and I were going on a cruise we were leaving out of Miami, we stayed at this expensive hotel close to where the ship was docked. The next morning we got ready to leave and we always bring a little fan with us, no matter where we go, we always have to have a fan running at night to sleep, if we can't pack it, we buy it and then leave it there. Well, somehow this little fan and all my husbands t-shirts were left on the bed and we didn't realize it till we were unpacking and there were no t-shirts and no fan, I couldn't call the hotel, so I waited till I got back home here and called them and they couldn't remember any of the maids turning in a fan or t-shirts... now that just seemed strange to me, but well, whatever I say! they were not expensive and the fan didn't cost much, it was just that this EXPENSIVE hotel could not come up with that! How could you not remember a fan?
My watch. Went back after breakfast, when I missed it, and it was still there. Left two pillows, called when we got home and they put them in a storeroom for us. We got them on our next trip a few weeks later. Left another good pillow in a motel in Canada. Lost forever. Now I use a brightly colored pillowcase for traveling. Never lost one of those. The cord for the coffee pot. Now I always unplug it from the wall outlet instead of the pot. Haven't left anything else now for many years.
no i have never! i can imagine the feeling.oops
I left a watch behind once. And I looked all over for it in the


room before we left. I was guilty of taking my wedding rings


off and also other rings as well, before I washed my hands


and I lost my wedding rings once at a third cousins' house


after remembering I'd left them on the sink in the bathroom.


I never got them back. Because his wife took them and had


them pawned and pled innocence. I found them in a pawn


shop in that little town and couldn't prove they were mine. So


they stayed there. A full carot of diamonds too.


And I left a very nice turqoise ring behind in a gas station


bathroom once.Hubby wouldn't turn around, assuming


someone else would have it by now. I had to stop that habit


of washing my hands, ringless. It was getting too expensive.
My dad acidentally left his expensive hearing aid in a motel once while driving across the country. When he got home, he called and the motel manager said ';Yup, we found it';. My dad sent them a check to cover sending it back...but it never got returned. He put a tracer on it, but to no avail.
I had to take my Daughter to another town to have her tonsils removed. I left her class ring on the counter in the hotel... GAWD... never got it back and she never forgave me! I don't know how many rings I gave her to try to make it up to her but nothing would do... BAD MOM!!!
I left a coat and they mailed it back
Left my wife once! (*_*)


Thought she was in the car already!
Usually not cause both of us go through the room to look....I did leave my cell phone charger in the last hotel we stayed in!!!! That is funny about the hat!!lol My husband would have done the same thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment