Friday, February 19, 2010

3 guys go to rent a hotel room, If you heard this before, please do not answer...?

The room is $30, so they each pay $10. Later that night the hotel guy finds out the room is only $25 so he gives $5 to the bell boy to split between the 3 guys. The bellboy did not know how to split $5 in 3 ways so he kept $2 for himself and gave $1 to each guy so the guys only paid $9 a piece right? So if the guys paid $27 and the bellboy kept $2, where is the other dollar?3 guys go to rent a hotel room, If you heard this before, please do not answer...?
I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure this out and I almost smashed my computer screen in frustration until I realized I was going about this all backwards! Shame on you.





Obviously if you go by the statement saying the guys paid $9 then you end up with $9 x 3 = 27 + $2 the bellboy kept = $29. That $1 has magically disappeared!!





But the guys didn't pay $27. They paid $25!! $25 + $3 returned + $2 the bellboy kept = $30.





Thank you for wasting 20 minutes of my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment